The Crescent Caravan had its first event of the school year on Saturday, September 24, and it was fun from start to end.
Your pathway to quality Islamic education
Thank you for considering Crescent Academy International - a fully accredited school. In applying for admission, you are beginning the journey toward an exceptional Islamic-focused academic and moral education for your child during the foundational early stages on through the critical middle school years.
An investment in your child’s future is an important decision. Ensuring that you are fully informed and aligned with Crescent’s educational goals, and comfortable with our student-centered learning environment, is key to your child’s success. A great way to learn more about our school is through visiting, either in person or virtually.
Our admissions process considers various factors to ensure that Crescent Academy International is an optimal fit for students and their families – giving each child an opportunity to succeed, contribute, and grow. We look forward to connecting with you and working together throughout this process. Please contact us if you have any questions about our school or applying. Registration for all new and returning students opens on January 1 and closes on June 30.
- Apply for Enrollment. Complete the Crescent Enrollment Application and other required forms and then submit all the documents to our admissions office. June 30 is the last day to submit all necessary documents for registration .
- Schedule Student Interview and Assessment. As part of the admissions process, students are interviewed and assessed to determine their academic level and abilities. Younger students are interviewed and assessed by a small team of teachers. Older students are interviewed individually and asked to work independently to complete a computer based assessment. All students complete a writing sample based on a developmentally appropriate prompt.
- Receive Admissions Determination. The admissions team reviews and evaluates all elements of the applicants file, interview, and assessments in making a determination on the good fit factor of each candidate. A final determination is communicated to parents via a phone call by the admissions administrator.
- Submit Enrollment Agreement. Upon determination that the student candidate would do well at Crescent, parents receive an enrollment agreement to review, sign, and submit with payment to complete entry to the school.
- Class Roster. Congratulations! Your student has been added to the class roster. Welcome to the Crescent Family and to the new year!
Each year, seventh-graders at Crescent Academy International gain spiritual and academic inspiration from past Muslim achievements through a transdisciplinary Golden Age project.
When preschool students at Crescent Academy International witness the wonder of beautiful winged creatures emerging from cocoons each spring, more than the butterflies undergo a metamorphosis. The students themselves are transformed, learning a valuable life lesson about the importance of protecting Allah’s creatures until they are strong enough to fly on their own.
Eighth graders at Crescent Academy International demonstrated their prowess in science and engineering – as well as their ability to adapt to virtual competition – in the recent Science and Engineering Fair of Metro Detroit (SEFMD).
Crescent Academy International earns highest possible environmental stewardship designation as part of a southeast Michigan “Green Schools” initiative.