Our success depends on parents
Parents and guardians of students at Crescent Academy International, in partnership with our outstanding teaching staff, play an active, vital role in achieving our curricular, faith-based and fundraising goals.
Our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) enhances our school community by supporting students and teachers and ensuring alignment of academic goals. The PTO gives parents and teachers the opportunity to work together to supplement and enrich the unique educational experience offered by Crescent Academy International.
Many volunteer opportunities and leadership roles are available within the PTO. Contact the PTO for more information.
Transparency and communication with parents are essential to a successful school experience. As the parent of a Crescent Academy International student, you have access to a secure parent portal, through which you can obtain updates on your child’s academic progress, interact with teachers, and learn about the latest Crescent happenings. It’s one more way we demonstrate the importance of parents to our school community.
We ask parents of Crescent Academy International students to pledge themselves to fulfill the responsibilities outlined in our Parent’s Pledge:
- To pray for your child and all those involved in his/her education;
- To provide an Islamic atmosphere for your child at home. This is the most important thing you can do for your child;
- To make sure that your child does his/her best at school Islamically and academically;
- To take an active role in seeing that your child’s home-study is regular and complete;
- To encourage your child to be a cheerfully pleasant member of Crescent Academy International and to treat his/her teachers, classmates and property with care and respect;
- To cooperate with the teachers and support them to nurture and develop your child’s ability and attitude;
- To go directly to the teacher, in the true spirit of Islam, with respect and understanding if questions or concerns arise;
- To take an active role by attending parent-teacher conferences, family nights, PTO activities, field trips, fundraisers and many other school activities;
- To fulfill your financial obligations to the school, and;
- To support the school throughout the year in its principles, practices and policies.
I consider it a privilege to send my child to an Islamic school and therefore shall endeavor to support and uphold the principles, practices and policies of the school in every way. With God’s help, I pledge to fulfill these responsibilities as a parent of Crescent Academy International.
“Parent volunteers form an important pillar in our ability to deliver the transformative, Islamic-focused education and extracurricular activities that separate Crescent Academy International from other private and public schools.”Pembe Yasarlar, executive director, Crescent Academy International
Led by an executive council of parents, PTO works with generous parent volunteers to raise funds and organize popular school-wide activities, such as:
- Back-to-school treats
- Eid parties
- Fun Garage gathering
- Airtime Trampoline gathering
- The School Store
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Spirit Week
- Jummah Treats at Lunch
- Pizza and nacho lunches
- Snack sale at CMS home games
- Panera Bread PTO dinner
- Field Day BBQ