“Enrichment programs are an example of empowering students to discover their interests, allowing them to be accountable for their own transformation.”Heba Kamal, Principal, Crescent Academy International
Enrichment Programs empower growth
Students can explore and cultivate their own interests through many programs available at Crescent. Extracurricular programs allow students to immerse themselves in a wide range of activities and to engage with new interests, in community with fellow students, while building leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Coding, an extension of our focus on educating students in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) disciplines.
- Kumon, math and reading practice to solidify skills
- Qur’an Club, strengthening Qur’an reading fluency
- Scouting for boys and girls
- Academic Games
- Crescent Society of Scholars and Stewards
- Morning Hifz Program, an intensive Qur’an memorization program for select students with the desire and aptitude to commit Allah’s book to memory
The morning Hifz program at Crescent is truly unique. Selected students demonstrating an aptitude for Qur’an memorization receive an additional half hour of instruction to improve their tajweed skills and to memorize more verses (ayat) at an increased pace.