Special events express unity, stewardship
Throughout the school year, many special events draw upon the talents, commitment and generosity of our school community to enhance student development, raise funds for special projects and demonstrate stewardship.
Here are a few examples:
- STEM Week – Highlights Crescent’s commitment to a curriculum based upon providing students the opportunity to reinforce their skills in scientific and engineering practices, inquiry and problem-solving, and learn firsthand the world of Allah’s wondrous creation.
- Literacy and Art Week – Focuses on empowering young voices in the communicative arts by fostering creativity, imagination and critical thinking.
- Martian Marathon – An annual community run/walk that promotes physical well-being and insha’Allah. Students, staff and others register as part of the Crescent team, with training sessions on campus for students.
- Washington, D.C. Trip – Each year, eighth-graders travel to the nation’s capital and tour historic landmarks with teachers, classmates and parent chaperones to mark their final year at Crescent in memorable fashion.
- Children’s Performance Fundraiser – An annual gala event featuring costumed performances by students in each grade, in celebration and remembrance of Allah – expressing themes of peace, blessing and generosity.
Students participate in STEM week
Crescent Middle School seniors visit museums and monuments as part of their annual trip to Washington, D.C.
Students of all ages participate in the annual fundraising performance