Consistent with The Tarbiyah Project©, Crescent periodically offers workshops and seminars that allow students, families and community members to holistically build their knowledge and skills to become well-rounded Muslims who contribute positively to society.
Heba Kamal, Principal
Workshops – An opportunity for immersion
- Monthly Parent Workshops with the school social worker
- Writing/Visual Arts Workshops with artists from around the world
- Peter Sanders, world-renowned photographer
- Hena Khan, children’s book author
- Master Hajj Noor Deen, Islamic calligrapher
- Jawaad Abdul Rahman, Unity Film Productions producer/director
- Dawud Wharnsby, recording artist
- Strengthening the Family Workshops in partnership with The FYI (The Family and Youth Institute)
- Mental Health Issues in the Muslim Community
- Bullying Prevention Strategies
- Drugs 101 and Vaping workshops for parents and students
- Responsible use of social media, gaming, and digital citizenship
- Cyber Safety
- Security and Safety Awareness Training
Seminars – Broadening the learning experience
- Girls’ and Boys’ Health Seminars. Gender separated seminars focusing on human growth and change during adolescence (5th-7th grade).
- The High School Experience Seminar. Crescent Alumni return to advise and answer questions about the high school experience for graduating 8th graders.
- Career Seminars. Practitioners from a variety of careers share their experiences with students of all ages.
- STEM and other school-wide assemblies